We’re thrilled to announce that we’re hiring to grow our team and our products! 3Play Media offers the unique opportunity to work in a company that offers both a startup-minded size and culture while being robustly backed by a steady stream of customers and projects. Every day, our system processes hundreds of hours of video content, improving and expanding the way people consume online media and making more of the web’s video content accessible.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for capturing accounting data, processing daily transactions and ensuring a high level of accuracy and accountability. As the company grows, the Senior Accountant will have a key role in evolving the finance department to best support the business. This will include establishing and implementing scalable business processes, supporting a system implementation, and driving accounting operations. We’re looking to add someone to the team who is eager, energetic, adaptable, and is detail-oriented. The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and have visibility to the CFO and senior management.
Role & Responsibilities
- Verify, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare month-end general ledger close activities including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and monthly financial statements
- Prepare reports and analysis to be included in the monthly reporting package
- Assist with NetSuite implementation and apply ERP best practices
- Establish and drive business processes that will enable more efficient financial operations and collaboration with the company
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and that the company is applying new accounting standards appropriately, including ASC 606 and the new leasing standard
- Support an evolving FP&A function, including developing processes for compiling and analyzing data to support business decisions
- Take leading role in the annual audit
- Assist in the preparation of required tax filings
- Assist in various special projects as the need arises
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-6 years public or private accounting experience, CPA preferred
- Experience with NetSuite and/or QuickBooks
- Proactive and hardworking with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to work in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills
- Great team player
About the Company
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable technology company with a startup culture making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2008 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.