Segment and Product Marketing Manager
Hi there. We’re Zipcar, the world’s leading car-sharing network, driven to make cities better places to live.
Since 2000, we’ve worked hard to turn a brilliant and disruptive idea into a movement that serves more than a million members worldwide. We’re keeping the pedal to the metal and growing every day. That’s why we need talented, passionate people with great ideas to join the Zipcar family.
Want to work for a company that is shaping the future of urban mobility? Ready to join a dynamic, playful, diverse, and respectful company that’s seriously changing the world? Then apply! To learn more, visit zipcar.com or zipcar.com/careers.
The Segment and Product Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing go-to-market strategies to generate profitable membership and revenue growth for Zipcar’s customer segments and products. This role defines segment and product strategy, leads all aspects of marketing, and collaborates effectively across the organization with key stakeholders from product, finance, operations, and sales to ensure achievement of the strategic plan and annual business targets. This position reports to the Segment and Product Marketing Lead.
Develop strategy for Zipcar segments and products.
- Be the expert on member insights, competitive trends and customer behavior and leverage this knowledge to develop product strategy and positioning.
- Develop the strategic framework and define segment and product value propositions, the ideal member experience, and the overall marketing approach.
- Lead organizational efforts to continuously innovate features, services, and products as well as marketing and sales programs that deliver value to our members.
Set and lead implementation of a data-driven plan to deliver segment and product goals.
- Create and manage annual segment and product plans for acquisition, engagement, and retention of target customers, and to cultivate brand awareness and favorability.
- Develop segment and product positioning and messaging, draft and maintain creative briefs, serve as key stakeholder and decision-maker for brand strategy.
- Collaborate with sales, acquisition, and member marketing to design and execute marketing campaigns; manage priorities of cross-functional teams to deliver the greatest return for the organization.
- Set and manage budget goals for each segment and product, including profit and revenue goals, Cost per Acquisition goals, and marketing investment priorities.
Effectively measure, analyze and regularly report on segment and product plan performance vs. targets.
- In collaboration with project stakeholders, define segment and product success.
- Define core KPIs at the segment, product, and market level; collaborate with internal teams and stakeholders in the field to achieve buy-in and alignment.
- Monitor overall segment performance and budgets as well as the effectiveness of individual campaigns and tactics; initiate plan adjustments as required.
Manage internal stakeholders to deliver against goals and KPIs
- Collaborate effectively with team members across the organization including in marketing, sales, product and finance. Forge positive and productive alliances with customers, partners and affiliates, as needed.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated performance leading cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead through influence rather than authority.
- Ability to use data and analysis to make a business case and support strategic recommendations.
- Strong presentation development and structured storytelling.
- Ability to communicate across functional areas of the organization and levels.
- Basic understanding of managerial finance analysis and concept.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- SQL a plus.
- Minimum four years of experience in marketing.
- BA required.
Zipcar is an EEO Employer