Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, India, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookouts engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookouts category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Security Researcher to join our Security Intelligence - Apps team, a group of world-class mobile researchers who work on malware and other app-based threats in the mobile space. We're looking for a someone who will take charge of pinpointing and neutralizing malware in the Android and iOS ecosystems. You will be using the largest data set on mobile apps worldwide and develop malware identification strategies and tools based on a big-data approach. This is an opportunity to become a leader in the hunt for mobile malware and to improve the mobile ecosystem by making life difficult for malicious actors. As a member of this team you will have access and contribute to an extensive arsenal of detection tools and technologies used to hunt and neutralize malware to protect our users.
- Identify and stop threats to user security and privacy, as part of our growing Mobile Threat Network, the largest data set of its kind on the planet.
- Hunt down and neutralize malware before it affects our users.
- Create detection logic to protect users from current and future malware instances.
- Develop tools to mine our mobile app data set to identify new malware families, actors, and trends in mobile malware.
Qualifications & skills:
- Experience in reverse engineering software.
- Ability to create research tools using Python or Ruby or Java.
- Knowledge of mobile systems (iOS, Android).
- Curiosity and a strong drive to understand how malware works.
- Ability to think like an attacker.
- Ability to quickly pick up new programming languages and understand new concepts.
Tools, Platforms, and Languages:
- IDA Pro
More Jobs From