Scrum Master I & Scrum Master II openings
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual.
You will be a Scrum Master or Scrum Master II for the Direct Service & Claims portfolio in our Digital organization. Our group strives to build engaging digital services and capabilities for our U.S. platform users. Your teams build features such as online policy changes, pay your bill online, policy insurance coverage comparison tools, and obtaining insurance documents and information relevant toward making an educated decision about your insurance policy online.
As a Scrum Master or Scrum Master II you will act as a servant leader to lead agile practice and coach your agile teams to develop customer-centric digital software applications and services in a dynamic environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values team collaboration, speed and quality, with a strong desire to inspire change as we continue on our agile transformational journey.
In this role, you would:
- Be a part of an Agile team delivering solutions to millions of customers daily.
- Collaborate and seek problems together with peer Scrum Masters and development teams, and be eager to share your expertise.
- Our customer-centric approach is a cornerstone of our methodology and we need refreshing and sometimes disruptive new ways to best serve them.
- Oversee scrum process and coaches the team; facilitates transparency, inspection, and adaption
- Able to effectively facilitate agile events
- Work with the Product Owner to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog health and prepared for execution
- Shield the team from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity
- Anticipate and addresses potential or actual impediments to team delivery
- Champion close collaboration across all team members; inspires cross-training and team support
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems may be raised without fear of reprisal
This role might be for you if you:
- Understand software development and relevant domains/products/journeys typically acquired through a Bachelors degree in computer science or a related technical discipline and a minimum of 8 years of experience in Agile development including coaching on agile methodologies
- Have extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Are able to coach a team and stakeholders on Agile practices and ensure adherence to Agile methodology
- Enjoy solving problems and are able to resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills.
- Communicate clearly and have the ability to deliver complex messages and teach new concepts.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring a team to maximize progress and potential
- Are motivated and driven, and have the ability to influence and drive teams to success using Agile/scrum/Lean practices
In GRM US Digital, we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In this organization, we are an agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More:
More Jobs From