Our Mission – Securing the software that powers your world. At Veracode, we are focused on that mission every day. Veracode is recognized as a premier provider of SaaS-based application security solutions, transforming the way companies secure applications in today’s software driven world. We provide our customers with a solid foundation on which to build security into their modern agile development processes.
Are you passionate about leading Agile teams? Do you thrive in a start-up environment, yet seek stability? Are you energized by finding ways to positively impact teams to excel and deliver value to customers? If you answered “yes” to these questions, then our Scrum Master role here at Veracode may be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Scrum Master at Veracode will guide, coach and mentor no more than three Agile teams toward achieving their objectives in an organization that practices the Scaled Agile Framework principals.
- Foster trust and collaboration across all team members; make it safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Support the Product Owner to ensure the Agile artifacts used by the team are healthy.
- Guide teams towards high performance and promote continuous improvement for all functions.
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters to develop and foster cross team communication.
- Protect team from external interruptions to execution.
- Facilitate team level Agile ceremonies such as Daily Stand-ups, Retrospectives, and Iteration Planning as a servant leader to the team.
- Support the Team Demo as needed.
- Maintain a healthy interaction between individual team members and teams.
- Proactively recognize conflict; facilitate conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Assist Agile Release Train Engineers (RTE’s) with facilitation of program increment (PI) planning.
- Track team impediments and escalate those that cannot be resolved within the team.
- Enabling the measuring, analyzing and reporting of Scrum metrics
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a relevant field.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Knowledgeable in Agile Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Facilitation skills to lead a small group.
- Able to facilitate different approaches to typical Agile work (story sizing approaches, different Retrospective techniques, etc.).
- Skilled at instructing, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance and employee development.
- Ability to recognize conflict and support conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Demonstrated Agile behaviors, embracing Agile Principles in relentless improvement and a sense of urgency.
Ability to make decisions independently such as:
- Reprioritize and manage workload.
- Work with team members to enhance Agile practices.
- Assist with creation and/or delivery of Agile product and project presentations.
- Ability to attend weekly remote meetings prior to start of regular work hours (overseas team interaction)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
The Veracode Way:
We Have a Passion and Commitment for Security
We consider security in everything we do. We act to preserve the trust our customers place in us.
We Help Our Customers Change the World
We deliver peace of mind to our customers so they can focus on the pursuit of their missions.
We Have Big Goals and Expect Big Outcomes
We are results driven. We take risks, compete boldly, and deliver valuable outcomes to our customers.
We Are Committed to Making Progress Together
We collaborate with each other, our user communities, our industry and together lead the world forward.
We Value Each Other
We value diversity. We have empathy for each other and assume positive intent.
We Are Proud to be Veracode
We have fun together. We honor who we are and work hard to achieve our potential.
You Change the World, We’ll Secure It!
Veracode is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate diversity with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
More Jobs From