We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
This position is a member of an Agile team and is responsible for enabling the team to be more effective applying the relevant Agile approach (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) and cultivates an environment that supports Agility. Coaches, mentors and teaches team members, proactively seeks to eliminate or minimize impact of barriers, and addresses challenges to team delivery. Works closely with Product Owners and other SM`s to support release planning, backlog and team health, and cross-team communication. Fosters team decision making, transparency and independence, encourages cross-training and team support.
Please note the level of this role will be based on years of experience.
About the role:
- Uses retrospectives and other Lean-Agile techniques to implement small changes that lead to demonstratable improvement for the team.
- Guides and coaches the team on how to use Agile/Scrum values and practices to delight customers and achieve business outcomes.
- Facilitates team level events using well-known facilitation techniques.
- Understands the importance of establishing trust and the need to remain neutral when facilitating.
- Assesses the Agile/Scrum maturity of the team and helps identify areas where coaching may be needed to foster improvement.
- Actively seeks coaching and mentoring from more experienced SMs & coaches. Enables close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions.
- Focuses on improving relationships within the team as well as with their key stakeholders.
- Educates team about Scrum or other applicable Lean-Agile approach to increase their understanding and help them apply it in their specific context.
- Shares resources with the team on various agility and lean topics.
- Develops skills to observe and provide consistent and impactful feedback.
- Familiar with adult learning principles.
- Seeks to identify and create specific, measurable learning goals when teaching individuals or teams.
- Ensures team is clear on the vision or why for the change.
- Is aware of stakeholders for/against change.
- Seeks to understand the current mindset and practices and how that aligns or deviates from the desired change.
- Understands servant leadership and attempts to model this behavior. Solid understanding of Agile metrics (health, value, flow and quality) to help the team continually improve.
- Stays current with Agility industry trends & explores other perspectives by reading blogs, consuming external media, & actively participating in internal/external Scrum/Agile events.
- Bachelor`s degree in a relevant field (business, computer science, humanities, etc.) and a minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Certification not required.
- Knowledge/training equivalent to beginner/1st level certification from a reputable Lean-Agile organization (PSK I, PSM I, CSM, etc.) a plus.
- Preferably 1 to 3 years of experience as a member of an Agile team, or related experience.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Strong problem solver with ability to work with a team to maximize progress, potential and overall effectiveness.
- A lifetime learner who is dedicated to relentless improvement of themselves and their teams, eager to face challenges in service of them.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.