Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
Benchling Scientific Solution Consultants (SSC) are the primary solution leads with Benchlings customers and prospects in emerging and growth segments. These customers are the most innovative biotech, fastest growing in size, and the solution they select will be rapidly adopted by scientists, and will have lasting impacts to their growing organization. Benchlings business growth relies heavily on acquisition of new customers in these segments, and hence this is a highly visible pre-sales role. The SSC partners closely with account executives, on a large number of startup and medium-sized life sciences customers. The SSC crafts impactful customer engagements that drive high volume of adoption in a fast-paced fashion.
The SSC must have a strong foundation in life sciences R&D, be familiar with research scientists experience and tools they use, and have excellent communication skills to translate Benchlings software capabilities into value gains for scientists and scientific organizations.
What You Will Work On
- Effectively partner with account executives to deliver high-velocity customer engagements that lead to selection.
- Manage organized discoveries to uncover customer needs and requirements that relate to decision criteria and key business issues.
- Craft solutions based on Benchling capabilities, industry best practices and standard R&D functions, with data models and processes that map to the customer or prospects' science and that fit into their current technology landscape.
- Present and demonstrate the solution in a persuasive way based on key messages, decision criteria, and key business issues. Manage customer questions and objections and resolve concerns. Ensure that the solution is presented competitively.
- Engage with product management to provide insight into prospect and customer needs and industry trends. Influence the roadmap for market success. Ensure that the roadmap is clear to customers as required to influence buying decisions.
- Provide leadership by creating reusable solutions, content, and trainings for key areas. Work with the extended team to ensure that they are successful and learn from your expertise. Mentor and partner with other SSCs to build their success.
- Espouse Benchling's core leadership principles and cultural values.
- Have a M.S. or PhD degree in a scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, or a related field, with minimum 2 years of professional experience (post-degree), preferably in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with scientific/informatics software such as LIMS, ELN, or others preferred. Experience in demonstrating scientific software in a pre-sales setting highly desired.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively model scientific data, and craft solutions, based on product knowledge and industry best practices. Prior experience in demonstrating and supporting research instruments, reagents or software desired.
- Understand research technology generally adopted by biopharma startups.
- Have an agile and adaptable mentality, and can quickly implement new customer engagement processes.
- Ability to establish as trusted advisor for scientists, and successfully pitch to scientific buyers.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites 30-50%, when it is safe to do so.
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Quarterly mental health days
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- To support remote work conditions, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.