Scientific Program Director (DigitalMe)
As a Research Registry Operations Director of DigitalMe, reporting directly to the Head of Biocomputing and Principal Investigator for the program, you will be a leading force among a creative and matrixed team of dedicated scientists, product developers, and patient community experts to lead the instantiation and growth of the DigitalMe longitudinal cohort program that collects and analyzes experiential, environmental, biological (omics: RNA and DNA sequencing, immunosignatures, metabolomics, proteomics and other molecular measures) and medical data to create a digital avatar of the participants. When possible, we seek to give back data, aggregated results, and/or individual results to participants. We also aim to empower our participants to be citizen scientists and together, learn new things about human health. We believe that this program has the power to change how we live, through the creation of a research sandbox with an unprecedented depth of data so much so that our research team, even if we quadrupled it in size, wouldnt be able to analyze it all in our lifetimes. Therefore, part of this program is the creation of a portal to make its data and insights available to research partners throughout the world.
As the Research Registry Operations Director for DigitalMe you will be responsible for the following:
- Working together with the other dedicated, passionate scientists in our organization to instantiate and design the cohorts and study in a way that meets product needs, but also patient needs by reflecting the demographics of the population we wish to serve
- Growing an external governance team/advisory board to support this effort, and running regular meetings with them to continually improve the program
- Develop and implement a strategy for making participant data publicly available to researchers under ethical and regulatory guidelines
- Support prosecution of a scientific return of results strategy, that complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Support community and marketing teams to ensure a high-quality experience for the participants of the program
- Work with the product team to develop the technology and infrastructure required to scale the program, and make the data and insights available to patients and partners
- Work with our VP of Policy and Ethics and our development team to submit relevant protocols, subprotocols and consent documentation to our IRB
- Support the regulatory team in delivering documentation to the FDA, when necessary
- Collaborate with the phenotype team to prioritize the creation and improvement of key patient-generated health data elements that are required to fulfill DigitalMe scientific needs to the degree of validation required
- Collaborate with lab ops and product to design ways to test new products, interventions, or biosample collection methods as subprotocols to the program
- Generate quality measures and performance accountability for different elements of the program (e.g., tracking participant consent, ensure that participant feedback is collected and tracked, track different consent forms that have been signed by the same individual, etc.)
The candidate will have some or all of the following qualities
- MA or Ph.D (or commensurate experience) in epidemiology (or a related scientific field). Experience with omics data or molecular biomarker discovery/development is a plus
- Experience designing longitudinal cohort studies with an emphasis on biomarker development, and/or return of results and/or molecular+patient generated health data analysis
- Experience running matrixed research programs, including managing resources and a budget
- Can influence cross functional teams through intelligent communication and competence
- Is passionate about serving the participants of the study through outstanding science
- Desire to solve extremely complex problems with scientific rigor, integrity and systematic attention to detail
- Experience in a startup atmosphere is a plus (but not a requirement)
In January 2017, we formed the Digital Life Alliance that includes the companiesiCarbonX, PatientsLikeMe, and HealthTell. Our vision is to fundamentally transform the healthcare & wellness of individuals & communities by unlocking the power of deep & dynamic digitization of biological information. By combining multi-omics biological data, smart device biophysical data and patients phenotypic data with artificial intelligence,wewill enable a real-time, deep assessment on ones health and wellness, and deliver a personalized guide and range of products to help people live a healthy, longer life. To achieve our vision, we are developing state of the art multi-omics technology platforms to digitalize biological data and apply insights gained from the process into development of medical and wellness products.
PatientsLikeMeis an equal opportunity employer.