Sales Training and Development Manager
EF College Study
Boston, MA EFs North American Headquarters
Start Date: April 2021 (while the position will be based in Boston, we will likely have a remote onboarding experience as our office is currently closed due to pandemic restrictions)
Lets start with the disclaimers:
- Were an education company, but you dont need a degree to work here.
- Were a travel company, but you dont need stamps in your passport to work here. In fact, you dont even need a passport!
Sound counterintuitive? We believe in experiential education and are looking for lifelong learners. If youre curious to learn about others and can get behind our mission of making study abroad accessible to as many learners as possible within the United States then you could be the perfect addition EF College Study partners with college and university faculty around the country to help them organize study abroad programs for their students. We solely focus on 1-3 week international experiences all over the world.
As our Sales Trainer, you will be one of the sales experts within College Study and will collaborate with Program Consultants, peer Managers and Directors, and the rest of the leadership team to help bring our sales vision and strategy to life while proactively looking for areas of opportunity and innovation. This role will be a key driver of organizational tempo by coaching the team on their sales skills, developing a seasonal training strategy and facilitating workshops to improve sales skills.
As part of the sales management team, you will collaborate to create sales incentives and contests, be a cultural leader and mentor, and aid staff in their overall professional development. Youll have a hand in , and contributing to the momentum, energy, and overall success of the team! A job well done will be evident in traveler growth, conversion improvement, sales efficiency, staff development, team energy and engagement.
The Welcome Committee (Hiring and Onboarding)
- Be the first touch: Support our Recruitment & Development team in interviewing candidates to find excellent talent to grow our team.
- Get them started: Manage our 3-week training program to new Program Consultants, sourcing content and assigning facilitators from across the product and teaching sales process and skills.
The Guide (Sales Coaching and Training)
- Know them: Understand the individual motivations and learning preferences of all sales staff and adapt your style accordingly.
- Teach them: Develop and lead trainings for the sales team that align with our business growth objectives
- Coach them: Spend quality time listening to live and recorded calls, giving feedback, advice and direction for improvement.
The Connector (Collaboration with Leadership and Sales Team)
- Spread the word: Work closely with Sales Directors to discuss the progress of their staff, major themes and trends youve noticed, and recommendations for future trainings.
- Get them involved: With your amazing intuition, youll also be tasked with recognizing top notch sales performance and orchestrating moments for those all-stars to help teach the rest of our team.
- Get out there: Connect with your peers in other EF businesses. Imitation is the best form of flattery. And each EF business is innovating every day. Build a network of trainers within EF to capture best practices, innovative ideas, and bring them back to College Study.
- Drive innovation: Lead cross-functional projects aimed at driving traveler enrollment, customer retention, and product innovation.
Your Skills Include:
Any or all of these things! If this role sounds like a good fit, but you feel that you dont tick every box, we would still like to hear from you as we understand great teams of people have different backgrounds and experiences. We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.
- Lead with compassion and curiosity
- Practice radical respect and seek to understand others and treat people the way they want to be treated
- Quick to connect and build relationships up, down, and across the organization with folks who hold different opinions from your own
- Collaborative and works optimistically with others
- Communicates in an open, honest and transparent way
- Active listener listening to what is communicated verbally and non-verbally
- Communicate inclusively, adept and aware of non-verbal communication & run inclusive meetings
- Effectively translates broad strategies into clear objectives and action plans
- Empowers others to drive their development and coach inclusively for growth
- Skilled at delivering honest feedback and meaningful recognition for staff learning and development
- Ask great questions naturally curious as a lifelong learner and listens actively
- You seek opportunities to help others and are energized by the success of your team
Plus, bonus points for these things! If you are skilled in any of these areas, we consider that a value-add. If not, these are some things you can learn on the job and we hope you will still apply to join our team.
- TIME MANAGEMENT prioritize effectively, hit deadlines, and execute at an intentional tempo
- SALES MENTALITY you create urgency and take action
- LEARNER MENTALITY create a shared pool of knowledge to accelerate the growth of others
- PRESENCE have a strong antennae and emotional intelligence and use it to create psychological safety for others
The Benefits & Perks:
Knowing that the work you do each day changes students lives is inspiring, working with a group of remarkable teammates is motivating, and on top of that youll have the opportunity to:
- Guaranteed base salary (please note, this is NOT a commission-based role) + bonus potential and 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
Live your Truth:
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Build your network by joining EF College Studys Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Team
- Join one (or several) of our employee led clubs or affinity (we call them EF-inity) groups such as, LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, and Latinos @ EF. Dont see a resource group, affinity group or club that matches your passion? Feel free to create one!
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- Enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly and monthly trainings and workshops
- Keep up that student mentality with free in-house language classes and an annual stipend for continued education
Live for FUN!
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local gyms, businesses, concert tickets, and sporting events
- Explore the world with discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars, as well as paid travel.
- Enjoy our in-house cafe, bar, hair salon, and fitness center
A tiny bit about EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.