Role: Sales Trainer
Division of EF: Explore America
Location: Cambridge, MA
***Due to COVID-19, we expect this role will be remote until September 2021. Please note, this role will not be permanently remote, and will eventually be based in Cambridge, MA.
When you work in sales at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. As an EF Explore America Sales Trainer, you will be part of our sales training team that is focused on onboarding sales representatives, executing individual coaching plans, and innovating on our resources and sales tools on an ongoing basis. Youll play a crucial role in driving the content, theory, and execution of our organizational sales using our sales methodologies. Together with our Sales Directors, you will be instrumental in coaching and supporting our sales representatives to crush individual goals by creating educational travel opportunities for thousands of educators and students.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Facilitate sales onboarding and ongoing training programs live and virtual that equip new sellers with the essential knowledge and skills required to be successful in their role
- Partner with sales management to co-own the outcomes of your individual coaching and ongoing training programs
- Evangelize the sales process, holding sales representatives accountable to proven sales tactics and sharing ownership in seller performance
- Identify opportunities to improve sales effectiveness by working cross-functionally to build and deliver process improvements, playbooks, toolkits, and opportunities for skills development
- Create and evolve user-friendly content to educate the sales team - scripts, cheat sheets, sales tools / tips, quick reference cards, etc.
- Train sales teams to make strategic use of sales materials and marketing campaigns
- Drive continuous improvement in training delivery and sales productivity, including the selection and management of e-learning delivery tools, application exercises and feedback processes
- 3-5 years experience working in a sales environment
- Experience facilitating hour-long, day-long or multi-day trainings to groups of 20+ learners; proven work experience as a Sales training specialist is a plus
- Knowledge of learning principles and modern training techniques
- Experience with learning management software and e-learning
- Understanding of sales process and various sales methodologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and stakeholder management skills
- Certification in training is a plus
As if changing teachers and students lives and making the world a better place isnt enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Live Well
- Guaranteed base salary + bonus potential and 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
- Live your Truth:
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Build your network by joining Explore Americas Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee
- Join one (or several) of our employee led clubs or affinity (we call them EF-inity) groups such as, LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, and Latinos @ EF. Dont see a resource group, affinity group or club that matches your passion? Feel free to create one!
- Live Engaged
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- Enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly trainings and workshops
- Keep up that student mentality with free in-house language classes and an annual stipend for continued education
- Live for FUN!
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local gyms, businesses, concert tickets, and sporting events
- Explore the world with discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars, as well as paid travel.
- Enjoy our in-house bar, cafe, hair salon, and fitness center
EF Explore America, a division of EF Education First, is one of the largest providers of teacher-led student tours in North America. Students and teachers from all across the USA travel with us on tours throughout North America. Tours to Washington, D.C., New York City, and Boston have been our bread and butter for years, but we are growing rapidly in San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Montreal, and elsewhere. From sales and marketing to operations and finance, our teammates are headquartered in Boston with a regional office in Washington, D.C., and presence in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and throughout Texas.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.