Sales Tax Research Analyst
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 60 people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Product Manager to join our Product Engineering team.
We're looking for an analytical, self-driven sales tax research analyst that is eager to make an impact on a game-changing product in eCommerce. On our team you will have the opportunity to research tax scenarios, document state specific rules for our software team to build new features, and to help our customer support team be better prepared with training and documentation.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As a Sales Tax Research Analyst on our Product team you will
- Monitor sales, use tax and VAT rules and rate changes for all regions supported by TaxJar
- Confirm and document definitive sourcing rules for all transaction types supported by TaxJar
- Build and maintain a database of product-level exemptions and reduced rates
- Research, confirm and document the taxability of shipping and handling
- Maintain up-to-date sales tax holiday information
- Identify publicly available data sources and help create process to efficiently update changes within TaxJar’s systems
- Work directly with the product development team to improve maintainability of data
- Communicate directly with states and local municipalities where necessary
- Training in accounting or finance-related field
- 2+ years of experience in a tax-related field, preferable US sales and use tax or VAT
- Prior experience dealing with US state departments of revenue a big plus
- Superior attention to detail…in this field, it’s critical
- Clear, concise writer
- Strong process and documentation skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc).
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel formulas and other online communication tools
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.