SALES SUPPORT ENGINEER, BOSTON, US
We are Universal Robots, a diverse group of bright, ambitious people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Through our agility, resilience and entrepreneurial approach, we are taking our innovative cobot products into more markets and regions than ever before.
Sales Support Engineer in the Boston area with a great technical understanding
Would you like to be a part of a rapidly growing company with the opportunity to influence your own career progression? Could you see yourself providing both pre-sales and post-sales technical support for a unique and groundbreaking product with a huge development potential?
Universal Robots has changed the ground rules in automation – and it is being noticed!
As part of Universal Robots, a Teradyne company headquartered in Denmark, you become part of a global success. Our robotic arms help our customers improve productivity, profitability and create a safer working environment. With our global presence and offices spanning across the globe, our performance-oriented colleagues share a passion for building a globally recognized business. We are growing fast and we aim to maintain our market leadership position in collaborative robots.
Reporting directly to the Area Sales Manager (ASM), your primary tasks are to:
- Support the maximization of Universal Robots’ product penetration by engaging in customer visits, participating in trade shows, and facilitating the sales efforts and technical development of our Distributors.
- Monitor and support the efforts of our Distribution, Certified Systems Integrators, OEMs, and other integrator partners. Provide the product and applications training and tactical technical advice needed to help convert customers to buy more UR Cobots.
- Provide back-up technical support for case management and resolutions.
- Support Distributors in performance of Demos and Proof of Concept activity.
- Serve as the sales product expert. Work with Application Engineers to drive new proof of concept case studies into the local market. Know and communicate the value proposition of our products.
- Support integration issues through end-customer acceptance.
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to work towards common goals and support "One UR", including navigating safely in a rapidly changing environment / priority
- Takes ownership of success in his/her region
- Take responsibility for and deliver optimal and satisfactory solutions for internal and external customers on the based-on professionalism and specialist knowledge
- Participates well in internal and external relations and can act as an ambassador for Universal Robots
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required
- Experience with technical training and customer visits.
- Good communication skills, ability to transfer knowledge and a good understanding of cross-cultural differences
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechatronics, Engineering, Computer Science related subject.
- Functional Knowledge in a high-level programming language such as C++/Java/Python.
- Some coursework or application experience in industrial robotics automation required.
- AutoCAD, Visual Basic, or other design and offline programming software experience required.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in industrial robotics, automation, or IT Support industry required.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in capital equipment systems integration, sales and/or a sales-centric role based on performance metrics is preferred.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience is preferred
- Outgoing and flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Approachable and takes pride in providing a high standard of support to customers and partners
- Enjoy interaction with customers
- Ability to analyze problems in a logical manner
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks
- Self-starter who is resourceful and initiates work without specific instruction
- Flexible and works professionally
- 50% travel
Ready to apply?
Send your application using the link. We take candidates into the recruitment process on a continuous basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Join Universal Robots
We are a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Our robotics arms help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer work environment.
Together, we find innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today. And we dare to do what others find impossible – working towards making bleeding edge technologies a reality for businesses of all sizes.