Sales Planner - Flights Business Development
TripAdvisor is looking for a highly effective and driven Sales Planner to assist with our growing flights business, the implementation and optimization of advertising and metasearch campaigns, and ongoing operational needs of our partners. Based in New York, the Sales Planner will be responsible for supporting the client portfolio in the Americas Region and report to the Regional Director.
What You'll Do:
The Sales Planner will work alongside the Regional Director of the Americas ensuring partner needs are met and campaign performance is optimized. She/He will be responsible for assisting with the setup of advertising and metasearch campaigns, actioning operational partner needs, liaising with engineering to solve partner and site related issues, provide ongoing partner communication, and processing of new agreements along with renewing existing agreements. S/he will also interface with the TripAdvisor Sales Team to coordinate on campaign proposals, details and execution.
The Sales Planner will excel in organization and coordination, partner communication, operational problem solving, and work effectively with internal stakeholders to support all partner needs. S/he will have a background in sales operations, online media administration, and have previous experience in media planning and/or sales operations within the airline or online travel industry with a minimum of 2yrs experience. Knowledge of e-commerce, distribution, and online marketing within the airline or travel industry highly preferred.
The candidate will work closely with team members in TripAdvisors Needham, MA headquarters to address partner needs and solve operational matters.In addition to the required administrative and coordination skills, the successful candidate should have an interest in travel, the airline industry, and sales and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist with operational related partner needs including changes and updates to existing campaign setups, creation of new advertising campaigns, drafting of agreements, and troubleshooting partner issues in close coordination with engineering teams
- Troubleshoot partner issues in close coordination with the product and engineering teams maintaining strong communication with partners throughout the process
- Partner with colleagues across the TripAdvisor sales organization and within the Flights Business Development team to implement a wide variety of campaigns, including flights meta search, CPC, merchandising, and lead generation placements
- Assist with merchandising/advertising campaign renewals assuring systems are updated accordingly
- Monitor all campaign details to include set-up, tracking, validation, and expiration dates
- Validate and test campaigns before and after going live quickly flagging any issue to the appropriate party
- Coordinate with flights technical and product departments on all Americas campaigns
- Contribute ideas to improve and enhance existing products, campaigns, and placements;
What We Seek:
- Experience in a coordination or sales operations position involving partner interaction within the online travel industry
- Solid understanding of the online travel space and/or travel industry
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship skills
- Combine creative and pragmatic use of insight with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working with JIRA platform and engineering teams
- Teamwork skills essential, sense of humor required
Education: Bachelors Degree
Relevant Experience: Minimum 2yrs