As part of Mimecast’s Global Go-To-Market Operations team, the Sales Operations Specialist will play an integral role in enabling Sales Directors, Sales Managers and Account Managers by providing data driven business insights and operational support. Said simply, this role will align the Sales Operation Specialist with one of our Go-To-Market teams as the key sales operations resource for their assigned segment of the business. The scope of the role would include Ad-hoc reporting, qualifying channel based deal registrations, providing consistent and timely reporting to the team and acting as a liaison for the team back to the larger Sales Operations function.
To fulfill this role you must be an efficient, accurate and multitasking individual across a range of time sensitive activities. As one of the newer and growing teams at Mimecast, the successful candidate needs to be someone who can hit the ground running, impress from the start and show ambition to grow both individually and as part of a successful team.
As a Sales Operations Specialist, the primary respnosiblites are order entry, complex quoting and deal registration validation. Scondary responsibilites include acting as a business partner for the Sales leaders and team providing both canned and ad-hoc reporting to suite the nees of their business and perfroming other functions that enables the sales team to remain productive selling. The Sales Operations Specialist must ensure accuracy of Sales Orders which leads to better and more accurate tracking of the business tracked and managed within our CRM system. This role reports directly to the Director of Sales Operations, in the US. Success in the position will be measured based on progress against defined monthly targets and MBOs.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Working with the sales team, collect all necessary paperwork ensure clean paperwork including customer confirmations, purchase orders, and all necessary agreements for order submission
- Deal Registration validation of Incremental vs Value based Deal Registrations
- Work with marketing to report on deal registration volumes and conversion at the sales team, partner and seat segment levels
- Assist Sales Reps and Sales Management to ensure timely forecast submissions and validate the accuracy of submission
- Regularly report “dirty pipeline” and follow-up with the sales team to remediate as necessary
- Assemble ad-hoc and canned reports to help sales managers run their business
- Participate in team forecast calls for note taking and general partnering with the business leader
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Mimecast Go-To-Market Teams, Customers & Partners
- Confident individual who enjoys challenges and overcoming them
- Team-work orientation with strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- High attention to detail with multitasking a key requirement
- Self-driven independent worker but equally enjoys a team environment where success is measured on both performance and results
- Previous Sales Experience including negotiation skills or customer service skills is desirable
- Willing to go above-and-beyond to solve problems, meet deadlines especially at quarter end!
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Call us at (617) 393-7000 or send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.