Office Tour Photos
Its an exciting time to join our growing team! Ellevation is looking for a Sales Operations Manager to join our Financial and Business Operations team. Reporting to the CFO, this role is critical to the success of the company, supporting Ellevation further its mission of helping English learners reach their highest aspirations. This role is suited for a strong, all-around business partner. You have wide-ranging skills that apply to business analytics, legal, and pricing work. The ideal candidate will be proficient at both identifying legal issues that need to be escalated and working with reps to produce quotes that align with our pricing strategy.
By taking contractual and administrative work off the plates of our sales reps, you will enable Sales to spend more time selling, create consistency in how we handle legal mark-ups, and create more consistency and accuracy in the pricing we give to our partner school districts. You will be in a position to become a trusted advisor to both the CFO and VP Sales as you gain an understanding of the sales pipeline and help assess what we need to do to drive our market share forward.
In 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for ELL students.
- Gain an understanding of our pricing model.
- Review and document our current quoting and contracting processes.
- Understand the terms and conditions in our standard contracts.
- Begin attending sales meetings.
In 3 months, you will:
- Propose and drive improvements to the current quoting and contracting processes.
- Be the primary point person for reviewing sales proposals and contracts and for responding to customer requests for changes to legal terms.
- Learn and own the RFP processes and complete/distribute ad hoc vendor forms as they arise.
- Produce reports that help management better understand rep productivity.
- Gain an understanding of the sales pipeline in order to help predict future bookings.
In 6 months, you will:
- Work with internal teams on contract questions, including interpretation of terms and conditions of contractual obligations. Advise departments of contractual rights and obligations.
- Provide insights to the VP of Sales on bookings and pipeline trends.
- Have met with every sales director on multiple occasions to build strong relationships and gain their buy-in for the process.
In 12 months, you will:
- Be a trusted resource to the commercial team. Sales people will consult you on the best way to write quotes that achieve the goals of customers within the constraints of our pricing and revenue recognition models.
- Propose changes to compensation plans that would provide better incentives to achieving both representative and company goals.
- Assess rep productivity with a view toward assessing the correct size and structure of the commercial team.
- Train the sales team on our processes, pricing model, and legal terms in contracts.
- Recommend improvements and changes to our existing IT systems that would produce better insights and efficiencies in the quoting and contracting processes.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work cross-functionally in an organization to contribute to success in business development and sales. Minimum of 5 years of experience working closely with business development and sales teams.
- Able to read and comprehend commercial contracts in order to be the point person for coordinating between sales and legal on getting contract to closure.
- Youre a strong relationship builder and communicator. In this role, youll partner with the sales team, gain trust, and push back to drive decisions forward.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Experienced with Salesforce; CPQ experience a plus.
- You have a strong understanding of revenue recognition rules.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stones throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. Were an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.
More Jobs From