Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Our Sales Engineers act as key members of the customer-facing team and are responsible for aligning Brightcove products and services with customer objectives. Sales Engineers drive customer conversations to uncover, scope, and define customer business objectives addressable by Brightcove capabilities while demonstrating the ability to influence the sales process effectively to overcome customer objections.
An ideal candidate can learn new technologies quickly and incorporate them into our sales motion, stay informed of the competitive landscape of video, and provide the development of technology solutions that help customers accelerate their business initiatives
The role will consist of providing customers and sales reps with products and/or solutions advice and guidance during pre-sales discussions. You will be asked to maintain working knowledge of engineering and complex aspects of our products; answer complex questions on function and usage; and solve sales support problems. Youll also prepare and perform detailed product demonstrations and product prototypes for prospects; and may provide installation support and post-sales consulting. Were seeking candidates who are able to work proficiently under general supervision on product driven sales opportunities.
- Own the technical side of sales engagements with clients and prospects
- Understand customers requirements and develop technical solutions for client-specific use cases
- Create clear, detailed solution documentation outlining our recommended solutions.
- Build and present customized demos of Brightcove products
- Respond effectively to RFPs
- Collaborate with the Brightcove Global Services team to provide enhancements and custom solutions to clients
- Work closely with product development to maintain the feedback loop from customers
- The compensation structure for this role consists of a base salary and a sales incentive plan
- Travel when necessary to meet customers - up to 30% travel. **Please note that while we are currently not traveling due to COVID-19, this is subject to change.
- 2+ years experience in a Technical Sales role, or an implementation or technical Digital Marketing/Media role
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide range of tasks and clients
- Demonstrated ability to present to technical audiences and be able to handle objections on the fly
- A proven track record delivering on or exceeding goals
- Experience with server-side languages (Python, Node, PHP, etc.) and APIs strongly preferred
- Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing technical solutions
- Experience in streaming media or video space preferred
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
We are currently all working remotely due to Covid-19 and, while we plan to return to an in-office experience, this position is being offered as a fully remote role in the following locations: Boston, NYC, Chicago, Austin and San Francisco. While you wont get to experience the in-office culture, you will feel it remotely and be able to participate actively. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!