Sales Engineer, Digital Marketing
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have an opportunity for someone to work directly with leading brands around the world to help them accomplish their marketing goals. You will play an integral role in an organization that is building products and online services that promise to transform the way these leading global brands engage with their customers through video. Our platform is used by thousands of customers in 70 countries worldwide. Every day over a quarter millennium's (250 years) worth of video is viewed by end users around the globe. These video streams generate 1.6 billion events daily, which are collected, summarized and analyzed by Brightcoves analytics platform.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and can take leadership in interacting with content owners on a technical level. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication skills.
The role will consist of providing customers and sales reps with products and/or solutions advice and guidance during pre-sales discussions. You will be asked to maintain working knowledge of engineering and complex aspects of our products; answer complex questions on function and usage; and solve sales support problems. Youll also prepare and perform detailed product demonstrations and product prototypes for prospects; and may provide installation support and post-sales consulting. Were seeking candidates who are able to work proficiently under general supervision on product driven sales opportunities.
- Own technical communications with customers, including product demonstrations, answering questions, responding to RFPs and ad-hoc training, both over the phone and onsite.
- Work with customers to understand their specific needs and translate internally into product feedback
- Work with senior leadership at clients and within Brightcove to make sure client needs are met.
- Develop technical solutions for client-specific use cases.
- Continuously develop relationships at the "implementation" level within each customer relationship.
- Work closely with the Brightcove Global Services team to provide enhancements and custom solutions to clients.
- Work closely with product development to maintain the feedback loop from customers.
- Work closely with the corporate customer support team to share learning across key customer accounts.
- Travel when necessary to meet customers - must be willing to be on the road often.
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Sales role, or an implementation or technical Digital Media role.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide range of tasks and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to present to technical audiences and be able to handle objections on the fly.
- An ability to listen to customer needs, assess these needs effectively and address them through new product and service offerings.
- A proven track record delivering on or exceeding goals.
- Experience with at least one server-side language (PHP, Python, Java, etc.) strongly preferred
- Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience developing technical solutions.
- Experience working with OVP and Mobile solutions preferred.
- Experience in streaming media or video space preferred.
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
Working at Brightcove
We offer a fun work environment, regular hack weeks, competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement. Our offices are located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor by South Station, with a fully stocked kitchen, ping pong and foosball tables. We also offer unlimited vacation and expect you to use it.