At Turbonomic, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and exceptional identity. We believe that uniqueness enriches all of us by showing us a range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
Who We Are:
We work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance and empower their people to focus on growing their businesses through innovation. Turbonomic created Application Resource Management (ARM) to assure customers application performance by eliminating infrastructure resource congestion across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
In 2019 Turbonomic acquired SevOne, the leading provider of network management solutions for optimal network visibility and performance (NPM). The combined entity delivers customers better data, analytics, and decisions to comprehensively and continuously assure application performance. The powerful combination of Turbonomics Application Resource Management, SevOnes leading Network Management Solution, and ParkMyClouds best-in-class resource scheduling ensures that Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of application performance.
Whats In It For You:
Are you a customer-focused technology superstar? Have you built a career making your customers and partners successful by helping them adopt innovative technology? We're hiring for a Sales Engineer to join our Field Sales Team and add to our customer-centric, winning culture! Our ideal candidate is someone that is highly motivated, collaborative and a self-starter and will play a direct role in driving our growing market-share and helping us build the next great company in IT.
Our sales engineers wear many hats, including:
- Turbonomic Platform Expert
- White-boarding Guru
- Product Demo Master
- Agent of Change
- Pre-sales Consultant
- Voice of the Customer to Engineering
What You'll Be Doing:
- Learn the Turbonomic value proposition across Performance, Efficiency and Compliance.
- Use consultative selling to identify customer pain points associated with large virtual and cloud environments
- Lead technical presentations in person and assist sales directors with ROI presentations
- Conduct product demonstrations online (WebEx, GTM, Zoom) and in-person
- Convey and document technical requirements to prove business value across large organizations within associated sales region
- Address any and all pre-sales technical questions related to the full Proof of Concept (POC) cycle
- Provide technical assistance within POCs and assist other regions if needed
- Provide input and feedback to engineering teams and development
- Willingness to travel to customers and Turbonomic HQ as necessary
What You'll Bring:
- Interest in virtualization (VCP-DCV) and cloud computing architectures.
- Experience in data center infrastructure or related field in a sales engineering or consulting capacity
- Experience with sales prospects in person, understanding complex environments and delivering the Turbonomic value propositions effectively
- Highly motivated, competitive, and passionate team player who is driven to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, and high activity environment
- Strong affinity for customer relationship management and requirements gathering
- Understanding of the virtualization management competitive landscape, and technical features of competing products within the ecosystem
- Astute in presenting to and conversing with customers; ability to deliver technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Interest in the data center interdependencies around the virtualization layer, including: storage, security, network infrastructure, applications, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. CS, Economics, or Engineering is a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority for us, weve got you covered.
- Unlimited paid time off flexibility boosts creativity and performance. Take time off to spend volunteering in your community or recharging - work-life balance is important.
- Pre-tax benefits medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Employee Resource Groups POCIT, DevelopHer, Parents at Turbo, Book Club
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? Youll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform
This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Boston office location once it is deemed safe to do so. When in-person (office) life resumes, we look forward to more social events (think holiday gift exchange, fundraising events, happy hours, celebrations and more!), snacks, catered lunches and team offsites!
Why Choose Turbo:
Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the fifth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Companys Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, weve locked in partnerships with Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
Our Company Culture:
Our company culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something youd like to be part of, wed love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts are a strategic imperative in driving the future of our business. DEI is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. We welcome and embrace diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. DEI is not a special initiative, but a central element of our strategy.
Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to bring your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives, if you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you dont check every single one of the boxes listed above!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.