Tulip, the Manufacturing App Platform, is empowering the worlds leading manufacturers to improve the productivity of their teams, the quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations. With Tulips no-code platform, manufacturers can empower those closest to operations to digitally transform their shop floors and gain real-time visibility into the people, machines and processes involved in production--all in a matter of days.
Manufacturers of all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel, medical devices and more, have implemented Tulips intuitive platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in manufacturing: digitizing paper-based processes, integrating industrial IoT (IIoT) technologies with legacy factory machines, and capturing and analyzing real-time production floor data.
A spinoff out of MIT, the company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in the UK and Germany. It has been recognized as a Forbes IoT Startup to Watch, Gartner Cool Vendor, IDC Innovator, Frost and Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the year and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer.
- You will be the technical go-to person in your assigned region responsible for providing presales technical/functional support to prospective clients, customers and channel partners.
- You will be involved with projects from architecting a solution, demoing the solution, supporting technical discussions providing confidence to the customer through showing the platform's capabilities, showing implementation support, customer use cases and scoping of the solution depending on the customer's pain points.
- You will participate in internal projects that help scale the team, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
- You will participate in internal projects that are cross functional to improve the exposure to Tulip with the goal of decreasing our sales cycle
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of 3 years of either IT or technical application delivery experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in selling to or working with manufacturing companies preferred
- Excellent business writing, presentation and communication skills
- Familiarity with enterprise systems such as ERP or MES
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary.
- Have passion for technology and speak fluently about current trends related to SaaS, PaaS, IoT, and cloud solutions.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Travel: Please note this role will involve some travel, anywhere from 10-50% (based on the status of the current pandemic situation)
In order to succeed at Tulip, you will:
- Develop, present and deliver high-impact technical demonstrations of the Tulip solution on a daily basis (Demos, technical presentations, technical discussions, etc.)
- Clearly articulate the benefits of Tulips applications to all levels including but not limited to line of business managers, "C" level executives, and IT
- Provide comprehensive technical pre-sales support to Tulips channel partners including developing and training personnel on product demonstrations, product positioning, and competitive overviews (competitive intelligence).
- Identify and collaborate with prospect technical stakeholders to align around Tulips solution and secure commitments needed to ensure a technical close
- Maintain account and opportunity updates within our internal sales force automation system to manage and prioritize sales opportunities
- Provide input to other cross-functional departments pertaining to prospect requests and product enhancements as needed
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and consensus building
- Perform needs gathering and requirement analysis for new customers
- Analyze and track reseller competencies and technical delivery.
- Help develop and answer RFx (RFI, RFP, RFQ), technical assessments, technical and security questionnaires
- Sales team
- Account executives, DAs (Digital Advisors)
- Customer solutions team
- Customer success team
Working At Tulip
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and building a diverse team is our top priority. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.