Sales Development Representative
Looking to get into tech sales? As a WordStream Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will prospect, qualify, and generate opportunities to support the overall growth of the business, by making contact with Senior Executives and Marketing Managers at Marketing Agencies throughout the United States and Canada.
WordStream is dedicated to providing ongoing one-on-one personal training and coaching, where you will have the opportunity to develop skills in all aspects of sales: prospecting, messaging, communication, and ultimately join the ranks of the world class sales team that we are building providing a great opportunity for career growth.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMBs succeed and grow by helping SMBs across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. Connected to some of the largest companies in the world, Wordstream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe transparency is the only way to be, we want to hear from you!
A little about the role:
- Conduct high volume prospecting (80-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media from WordStreams Lead Database
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives and Management to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for Account Executives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for a partnership with Wordstream
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Learn how a variety of businesses operate, what challenges they face on a daily basis, and how technology can dramatically improve their businesses and employees' lives
- Help Large Agencies realize the profitability of Managing PPC at scale through WordStreams Award winning software
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great sales person, leader and executive
A little about you:
- Track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Naturally curious and passionate
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- "One-speed" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Bachelors degree
- Previous work experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed your job requirements.
A little about our many benefits
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability (STD, LTD)
- Pet Insurance, Accident Insurance,and Critical Illness Insurance
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Discounts: Auto Insurance, Student Loan Consolidation Options, Cell Phone Carriers, Vacations, and Restaurants
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection Plans
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
A little about WordStream and our market space...
Located in the heart of Bostons Back Bay, our open workspace lends itself to cross-departmental collaboration (and a fair bit of fun, too). The high-energy, innovative environment has helped us develop a suite of cloud-based tools--which enable ad management and optimization across Google search, shopping, and display; Facebook; Instagram; and Bing--capable of meeting the changing needs of our customers.
Boston Business Journal, MITX, Inc. Magazine, and countless other organizations--both regional and national--have recognized WordStream as one of the countrys fastest growing companies and an exceptional place to work: And were just getting started.
Interested in contributing to industry-shaping innovation, enjoying a positive workspace, earning competitive pay, and advancing your career? Become part of the WordStream team today!