Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
At Tamr we believe that clean, up-to-date data is the sine qua non of informed decisions. We assert that the best way to create accurate data is with human guided machine learning that improves over time. We believe that human intelligence cannot be replaced by machines. We are building the core set of tools to enable companies to leverage their existing domain expertise and data to produce clean, up-to-date data that fuels better decisions and delivers transformational business outcomes.
Were seeking an experienced, accomplished sales development representative that can work closely with sales reps to consistently achieve opportunity targets and thrive in a startup atmosphere. The role will be critical to pipeline growth, requires core business development capabilities, and includes a path to outside sales or other leadership positions. This is not a closing role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Primary focus on booking first meetings via marketing lead generation activity follow-up (webinars, events, web, etc)
- Targeted outbound activity (cold calls, emails and social) to surface and execute upon opportunities at high-priority accounts
- Collaboratively work with Marketing to surface key insight that will optimize campaign effectiveness
- Occasionally lead first calls with key prospects in conjunction with Field Engineering
- Previous experience with inbound/outbound lead generation
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and high activity levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- High energy, driven attitude. Comfortable and flexible in an evolving, growing start-up work environment
- Experience working in a technology-based organization.
- Experience using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce.com
- Experience using a cadencing tool, preferably Outreach.io
This position is available in Cambridge MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a Visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.