Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is consistently recognized as the category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyers journey. More than 600 customers, including American Express, Cisco and IBM rely on the worlds most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time.
Our sales and marketing teams help companies understand how Seismic can power collaboration internally through the use of content. Were thoughtful and committed to telling the Seismic story, with the goal to ultimately help brands focus on enabling their go to market teams.
In your role, youll be influential in spreading the word about our cutting edge technology and expanding our footprint.
Our Sales Development Representatives are a group of competitive individuals who are the first step in spreading awareness of our world class sales enablement tool.
Who you are:
- An individual who is passionate for selling a great product; 6 + months of inside sales experience preferred
- Your high energy, enthusiasm and ambition enables you to want to grow in your career
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience cold calling preferred
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with CRM
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
What you will be doing:
- Cold-calling into targeted accounts, lists or personally researched contacts within a specified region/market to uncover and qualify opportunities.
- Clearly communicating value proposition over the phone by thoroughly understanding Seismics products and business values.
- Identify client needs and develop positive rapport with both clients and the team.
- Building a network; research prospective clients through the use of web/social media, internal databases and external tools to identify leads.
- Documenting client interaction and/or prospecting efforts through the use of a CRM.
- Ensuring qualified leads meet quality standards and that channel partners actively engage in following up on these leads
- Partnering and strategizing with Outside Sales to build pipeline and set monthly goals.
- Not settling for average, always striving to exceed quota.
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,000 employees across the globe, Seismic is backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.