Sales Development Representative
Role can be fully remote or based in our Boston office
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panoramas platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each childs success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are responsible for strategic outreach to medium and large districts, nationwide. This role is a critical part of the Outreach team; building our understanding of the education landscape, expanding awareness of Panorama in the market, and often being the first point of contact for our clients. On any given day, SDRs are responsible for meeting a minimum amount of activity volume (50+ activities) and setting meetings for closing sales reps in their assigned territories. This is vital to our work in engaging decision-makers in thoughtful conversations to drive revenue and improve student outcomes. At Panorama, we need teammates who empathize with our clients' challenges and appreciate their limited time by adding insightful and meaningful value to each interaction.
On any given day, you will:
- Research initiatives within target school districts in areas like social-emotional learning, stakeholder engagement, and improving student outcomes to identify target accounts and source leads
- Complete 50-70 prospecting activities, including cold calls and emails
- Engage district leaders and build Panorama champions through warm, tailored prospecting efforts
- Lead prospects through discovery calls
- Transition relationships over to field sales managers for in-person and virtual product demonstrations
This job is for you if you have:
- Ability to synthesize information gathered through research and conversation, and connect that information to potential solutions
- Demonstrated ability to steer a conversation by pivoting quickly, overcome objections, and solve problems in the moment
- Track record of exceeding goals in a metrics-driven environment
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to persevere through multiple rejections
- Experience communicating across a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated responsiveness to feedback
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in K-12 educational technology, K-12 education, or even better- both!
- Proficiency or expertise in using Salesforce, Yesware, and HubSpot
- A genuine passion for helping to improve education
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are Equal Opportunity Employer.