The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Position Summary: Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) play a primary role in building territory pipeline. An SDRs responsibility is to conduct timely follow up and qualification into leads, generated through EDB marketing into new business segments of accounts. Additionally, responsible for building an outbound calling strategy and email campaigns within target accounts. The objective is to generate and qualify business conversations for our Commercial Sector. These conversations turn into sales pipeline for EDB. Mastery and continued performance within this position provides a path for SDR advancement.
Overall goal: Engage with inbound leads to validate interest and qualify meetings for EDB Commercial Sector Account Executives.
- Adhere to and embrace the EDB Sales Development best practices and playbooks
- Achieve call metrics of 80+ calls per day and meet monthly and quarterly meeting goals
- Timely follow up with leads generated via marketing programs (SLA same business day)
- Develop understanding of sales involvement with target accounts
- Learn and Apply research techniques on social sites for company and personal posts to build specific effective targeted outreach
- Accurate documentation of outcomes and conversations within CRM and Sales tools. (SalesForce.com and SalesLoft)
- Advance your knowledge with Postgres technology and key industry trends
- Provide feedback for program success and enhancement
- College Degree required; 0-2 years of experience in a Sales (or related) role
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Goal oriented: Can achieve individual goals while working towards team objectives,
- Expected phone activity of 80+ calls per day
- Enthusiastic learner who will embrace product, sales and continuing education as a constant
- Willingness to apply coaching and constructive feedback to impact personal growth
- Responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Sales methodology and salesforce.com experience a plus
- Highly proficient with corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, GSuite, Slack, LinkedIn)
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.