Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for Carbon Blacks sales organization. This is accomplished through outbound calling and e-mailing. With plenty of leads provided, the Sales Development Representative qualifies and sets up initial presentations for the sales team within the territory assigned. There is not a high degree of technical knowledge required for this position. This position lays the foundation for a successful high tech sales career. There is a path for career growth within Carbon Black for the right candidate that is willing to learn and work toward that goal.
What Youll Do
First three - six months
- Learn the Carbon Black products and messaging
- Learn the tools necessary to be successful: CRM, scripts, WebEx, product info
- Build relationships with your Inside, Field, and Sales Engineering counterparts
- Leverage any opportunity you can to learn the market and the business
- Learn how to navigate through the organization to get what you need
- Consistently meet goals for Initial presentation setup
Six to eighteen months
- Continue to build on your core skills and product/Industry knowledge
- Know what it takes to meet or exceed your goals and maintain the momentum to do so
- Begin to expand your knowledge of Inside Sales duties and responsibilities
- Work with mentors to set goals for yourself to gain consideration for promotion
What Youll Bring
- Goal-oriented, passionate, high-energy professional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess the drive to succeed and to participate in the growth of an exciting, fast-paced company
- Strong time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Prospecting and cold calling skills a plus
- Experience in lead generation in the high-tech software industry a plus
- Attention to detail
Why you should join us
Carbon Black is a leader in endpoint security dedicated to keeping the world safe fromcyberattacks. With more than 5,000 customersincluding 34 of the Fortune 100the opportunities here are massive and exciting.
With 1,200+ employees, offices across the world, and the best-of-the-best tools for collaboration from anywhere, now is an ideal time to become part of the CB Team. See where you fit best at Lifeatcb.carbonblack.com.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.