Sales Development Manager
Rapid7 is seeking a highly motivated and talented Sales Development Manager that will develop, coach, and train a highly driven team of individuals early in their careers to become world-class Account Executives. The Sales Development team is one of the first interactions our prospective customers have with Rapid7 and is a key driver of our success.
If you have proven success in managing and building people to become to achieve weekly, quarterly and annual goals as well as a passion for coaching, mentoring, and inspiring people, this is the role for you!
- Hire, coach and manage a team of Sales Development Reps to master skills across sales development including cold calling, go-to-market strategy, understanding security personas, leading discovery calls, and positioning Rapid7 solutions.
- Manage day to day activities of SDR team including live coaching and mentoring, call statistics, conversions and pipeline build.
- Have a maniacal focus on outcomes and impact. Closely monitor metrics everything from dials per day, conversion rates to opportunities, hand-off to sales and close rates with the aim to increase SDR productivity, contribution to pipeline and bookings
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on opportunity quality, follow-up on hand off, and Account Executive promotion eligibility.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvements around process, efficiency and productivity of the sales development team
- Align with sales enablement team to build a curriculum for sales development reps across onboarding, sales trainings, solutions and industry education and role acumen
Experience and Requirements:
- 2 + years of management experience with proven track record of hiring, retaining, and developing individuals and team
- Experience working in and building inside sales teams
- Proficient in CRM systems (i.e., Salesforce.com, NetSuite, etc.)
- Proven track record of goal achievement (as individual or manager) and building and managing KPIs for a sales organization
- Natural leader you have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success
- Data driven you are driven by numbers and constantly finding ways to improve productivity, efficiency and contribution to the business
- A team player you inspire others around you and build a highly motivated and successful team through your management skills
- Bachelors degree