Sales Data Analyst II
The Sales Analyst II is responsible for projects related to the development and delivery of marketing and sales analysis.
- The report creation is in Excel, Tableau (through the self-service model), via Tableau desktop, and through providing clear business requirements to the Business Analytics team for development.
- The areas of concentration cover Marketing KPIs (Campaign measures, Lead performance, Leading business health indicators) and Sales measures (Pipeline development, business health, Win/Loss measures).
- The audience is Marketing management, Sales management, Product management and Senior-level executives.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
You serve as an Analytics partner to the audiences, providing them with insights regarding their business performance. There will be data challenges along the way. You see these an opportunity to further the cause for data integrity. You are a systems thinker who loves data and puzzles. At the same time, you love to find and tell a story with data and provide guidance to the business.
Your First Six Months:
- Internalize Carbonite’s mission and vision, culture and core values. Learn why Carbonite has been named one of the Best Places to Work. This is key to future success.
- Develop an understanding of SFDC data, pipeline management, and other Marketing and Sales KPIs, as seen by Carbonite.
- Work on projects that will help you to learn about the data, the business and the needs.
- Understand Analytics roadmap and begin working on priority items.
- Work with the Reporting and Analytics Principal for guidance on project for which you’ll take ownership.
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Become an Analytics Business Partner to Marketing and Sales constituents.
- Add value by providing ongoing reporting and analysis on specified areas of the business.
- Serve as an evangelist of data integrity and adherence to process.
- Identify area for improvement.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. To be successful, you will need to build strong relationships and work effectively on a cross-functional team.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Marketing Operations and/or Sales Operations.
- 3 years / high proficiency with Excel including data model development.
- 3 years of work with SFDC data.
- Experience leading, conducting, and documenting business requirements for new and enhanced functionality ensuring current and future business needs are met.
- Experience collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy; inclusive of data mining and ad hoc reporting.
- Proficiency with Tableau, or knowledge of other BI tools (GoodData, Cognos, Einstein Analytics).
- Experience balancing multiple projects concurrently in a high paced environment.
- Experience building effective MS Office presentations using PPT.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.