This position is located in our Lexington, MA headquarters, but is expected to travel to customer sites in addition to working in the headquarters lab. The Technician will work directly as a member of our product development team, applying their mechanical and electrical expertise to implement truly novel solutions to solve technical challenges. They will work independently on pieces of the system, but will also work closely with other team members to ensure cohesive product performance. Responsibilities will focus on launching new products into production and supporting prototype and production systems fielded at customer sites.
- Perform tests and verification activities of prototype systems.
- Support development and testing of new electro-mechanical products.
- Build prototype mechanisms, cables and/or electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Design and Build test fixtures.
- Assist engineering team in functional system level testing and debugging.
- Assist prototype and/or production deployment teams at customer sites. Travel up to one week per month.
- Perform data collection and reporting.
- Perform mechanical fabrication, repair, and rework.
- Assist with product qualification and reliability testing.
- Develop product support documentation including maintenance instructions and troubleshooting guides.
Desired Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in similar capacity.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Minimum of four years of experience using CAD, preferably SolidWorks - including 2D drawings.
- Must have expert mechanical assembly skill.
- Proficient in the use of standard machine shop tools up to and including a milling machine.
- Must have working knowledge of oscilloscopes, DVMs and other basic electronic test equipment.
- Solid experience with basic office computer applications (spreadsheets, word processors).
- A working knowledge of ASME drafting standards including GD&T, (Y14.5-2009).
- Able to work on more than one project concurrently while still meeting deadlines.
- Ability to trouble shoot electrical/electronic & Electro-mechanical systems.
- Proficiency in the use of soldering equipment used to assemble and/or repair PCB assemblies a plus.
- Ability to handle some minimal electrical design (cable harnesses, wiring diagrams, grounding strategies, etc.) is a plus.
More Jobs From