Office Tour Photos
6 River Systems is disrupting a hundred billion dollar industry with a new approach to warehouse automation. Founded in 2015, we have developed a solution built on proprietary AI, mobile robots and cloud-based enterprise software. Our solution is half the cost of traditional automation and 2-3x faster than manual, cart pick operations.
Our culture is built on trust, smarts, and collaboration. As a team, we encourage open discussion about particularly challenging problems. We are as passionate about hiring the right people as we are about building great products.
We are searching for someone to join our growing Systems Insights team. The team works with the product and engineering to identify opportunities to improve the end-to-end 6RS warehouse automation system. We are looking for an inquisitive and creative engineer who will use both data analysis and on-the-ground observations (ie qualitative plus quantitative data) to provide insights into the behavior of the robots, their surroundings and ways to increase the performance of the 6RS system. Candidates should be comfortable using visualizations to extract useful observations from large data sets and presenting the findings to internal and external teams.
In a "typical" day you could interface with customers to identify performance improvement opportunities which might involve traveling to a customer site. While at the office you may work closely with engineering to validate the opportunities; leveraging the data the system is continuously collecting. Finally you will work with product management on getting the more promising features on the road map for development and testing back at customer sites. Our environment/culture is fast-paced, collaborative and encourages innovation and creativity. The ideal candidate will be able to grow with the company and take on additional leadership roles over time. This is a unique opportunity; you will have an immediate impact on the success and growth of our company. This role reports to the Head of the Data Insights Team, which is an integral part of our fast growing Product Management team.
- Visit and observe customer sites to generate recommendations for product roadmap.
- Develop KPIs to measure the impact of feature requests for existing customers and work with product management to prioritize
- Experiment with models, simulations and even live full scale warehouses to help prove out improvement opportunities
- Build tools for analyzing system data to provide to other less technical teams
- Cross collaboration with product management, engineering, and customer success teams
- Creatively utilize large data sets to analyze complex and ambiguous problems
- 1+ years of work experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with fluid priorities
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Skilled at answering technical questions in a friendly and encouraging manner
- Familiarity with SQL, python and data visualization tools
Competitive salary and equity. Excellent benefits and limitless career growth opportunities.
Position will be based at our headquarters in Waltham, MA.
Position requires minimal travel (<25%) to customer sites in North America and Europe.
More Jobs From