Robotics Navigation Scientist
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
What you will do:
Design, implement, test and document robotics algorithms in C and C++ on desktop and embedded platforms. One of the main focuses for you will be the development of novel algorithms formobile robotics navigation, particularly simultaneous localization and mapping, obstacle avoidance and path planning, and sensor fusion. A strong emphasis is placed on embeddable algorithms for consumer robotics applications.
- A solid engineering background with hands-on experience designing and developin robotics systems.
- Understanding of and experience with any of the following: behavior-based control, navigation, path-planning, obstacle avoidance, SLAM, vision-based SLAM, estimation and control, and sensor fusion.
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical foundation.
- Good understanding of computer systems.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in algorithm implementation using C and C++.
- Algorithm development with Matlab.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Minimum Degree: PhD in Robotics, Computer Science or related field.
- Understanding of and experience with any of the following: object recognition, structure from motion, 3D reconstruction, ego-motion estimation, feature extraction and matching face recognition.
- Hands-on experience developing algorithms and building mobile robotics platforms.
- Embedded programming experience.
- Ability to build/assemble/modify electronic assemblies or robots into various configuration for test purposes.