WHO WE ARE
New to the market, fast growing, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
Hydrow is seeking a Reverse Logistics Manager to develop our reverse logistics processes and define our future strategy in the US and globally. In this role you will have the chance to think strategically as well as dig into the details as you work with a cross functional team to develop robust reverse logistics processes for Hydrow rowing machines and accessories. You will be the technical lead for the refurbishment process.
Sustainability is one of Hydrows core tenants therefore a primary goal of this role is to reduce waste by extending the useful life of returned Hydrows or by identifying the proper disposal channels all in a cost effective manner.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Take ownership of the current reverse logistics processes and develop the processes to meet the needs of Hydrows rapidly growing business.
- Work cross-functionally with the Hydrow Operations team and 3PL partners to establish processes for the flow of product and data from return initiation through inventory disposition and ensure that Hydrows ERP system accurately reflects all transactions.
- Establish the processes and procedures for the refurbishment of Hydrow rowing machines with the help of the engineering team, quality team and 3rd party partners
- Author and/or oversee the development of SOPs and other technical documentation
- Manage replacement part inventory levels and work with demand planning to establish accurate forecasts.
- When applicable, work with the hardware engineering and quality teams to identify and investigate failures of returned Hydrows.
- Along with Hydrow Operations, track the total cost of the reverse logistics workstreams and identify areas to optimize
- Develop and report on a set of metrics (KPIs) to track the performance of the reverse logistics processes
- Recruit, train and manage a refurbishment team as the operation grows
- Manage relationships with 3rd party reverse logistics partners
- Model and develop Hydrows medium to long-term reverse logistics strategy alongside other internal stakeholders
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing/industrial engineering, operations management or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in reverse logistics, refurbishment, manufacturing process development, manufacturing management or similar field
- Experience establishing reverse logistics processes including refurbishment and recycling/disposal
- Ability to think big picture but dive into the details when necessary
- Technical aptitude with familiarity in repair and troubleshooting of complex electromechanical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and processes with cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven ability to lead effectively and develop talent, particularly at the technician level.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working autonomously in a fast paced startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experiencing authoring and maintaining technical documentation.
- Willingness to jump in and help out where needed, even in areas that are outside of your job description
- Six Sigma or similar credentials a plus
- Working knowledge of ERP, PLM and QMS systems
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with Netsuite and Arena PLM & QMS a plus
- Experience developing reverse logistics processes with 3rd party partners a plus
- A background in fitness equipment, automotive or consumer electronics are a plus.
REPORTS TO: Director of Quality
ABOUT HYDROW, INC.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides qual employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.