Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Infrastructure Quantitative Engineering group is responsible for the strategic analysis to support and enable the continued growth critical to Facebooks infrastructure organization. We are applied quantitative and computational experts using math, statistics and machine learning to measure & optimize cost, performance, reliability and efficiency of Facebooks infrastructure & global telecom systems to deliver the best experience to our global audience. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook, have strong analytical and modeling aptitude and has experience using data to drive cost effective decision making.This position has a 16-week duration beginning in August 2020. All candidates should be able to commit to a consecutive 16-week timeframe for successful completion of the program. At the end of the term, those who have demonstrated their abilities to succeed and make an impact at Facebook will be considered for a full-time position. Candidates are encouraged to apply early!This program is open to all candidates who have been out of the workforce for 2 years of longer. This is a 16-week position based in Menlo Park, CA; Seattle, WA; and Boston, MA.
- Build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions to large-scale web, mobile and data infrastructure problems by leveraging or developing state-of-the-art statistical and machine learning methodologies on top of Facebook's unparalleled data infrastructure
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, build analytical models and make recommendations
- Build and maintain data driven optimization models, experiments, forecasting algorithms, and machine learning models
- Leverage tools like Python, R, Hadoop & SQL to drive efficient analytics
- Communicate final recommendations and drive decision making
More Jobs From