Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
A Starburst Resident Solutions Architect is a strategic technical consultant for some of our most complex customers. In this role, you will be expected to execute a book of work that a customer has contracted against, from tuning JVMs for high performance to customizations to architectural planning. Youll also collaborate with a Technical Account Manager and Account Executive to elevate key findings and skillfully advise customers on projects that will help them achieve their business goals.
Were looking for highly motivated individuals with backgrounds in deploying and debugging complex systems. Background in distributed systems, Hadoop, cloud technologies, security, DBMSs and navigating a complex Java codebase are all useful technical skills. Equally important are strong communication skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic environment when needed. Trino encompasses a wide range of technologies, and most important is the desire and ability to learn.
- Architect technical solutions to meet customers business objectives
- Burn down technical backlog as prioritized by customers
- Meet with customer on a regular cadence to review, plan and prioritize workload
- Explore integrations and extensions of Trino with customers
- Diagnose and resolve unforeseen technical obstacles
- Act as a liaison between customers and other teams to assist in resolution of key issues, bugs, and requirements for customers
- Act as eyes and ears of the Starburst team to raise issues, identify risk, and mitigate potential downstream blockers
- Setting up and tuning distributed processing engines
- Analyzing code and using ad-hoc tests to troubleshoot complex issues
- Hadoop (specifically HDFS and Hive)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift)
- Authentication (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Authorization technologies
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.