Research Scientist, Speech/Audio
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based voice service that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting-edge product used every day by people you know.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Sr. Scientist to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love. Our mission is to push the envelope in Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. As a Senior Applied Scientist, you will work with talented peers to develop novel algorithms and modeling techniques to augment and enhance voice centric intelligent systems. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in artificial intelligence. You will collaborate with other scientists and work in a fast-paced team environment. Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of novel products and services that make use of speech and language technology.
· Master’s degree in a relevant field
· 5+ years experience with various data analysis and visualization tools
· Experience in Perl, Python, or another scripting language; command line usage
· Experience with various machine learning techniques and parameters that affect their performance
· Experience in building speech recognition and natural language processing systems (e.g., commercial speech products or government speech projects).
· Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field.
· Solid software development experience.
· Good written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation