Research Scientist, PhD University Grad (Systems and Infrastructure)
As a Research Scientist at Facebook, you will help build the next generation of systems behind Facebook's products, create web applications that reach millions of people, build high volume servers and be a part of a team that’s working to help connect people around the globe. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in relevant engineering fields, such as (but not limited to) distributed software systems, storage systems, data warehousing and analytics, database systems, operating systems, networking systems, programming languages, compilers & runtime systems, security & privacy and mobile systems.
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain work authorization in the US before employment in 2019.
- Design flexible APIs for Facebook product teams developing applications for web and mobile.
- Build detailed monitoring to track the health of these systems and quickly triage issues.
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems.
- Design and build next generation systems to constantly be at the cutting edge.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD in Computer Science, related STEM or quantitative field
- Research and/or work experience in Algorithms, Architecture, Compilers, Databases, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Mobile, Networking, Operating Systems, Programming Languages, Security, or Storage
- Knowledge in C++, Java, PHP or Python
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration