Research Scientist II
Excited about transforming the way people enjoy music, video, and radio? Come join the team that made Apple Music, XBOX, Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, and more available to Alexa customers. We are innovating the way our customers interact with entertainment in the living room and in the car. We are shaping the future of entertainment.
Alexa Entertainment is looking for a Research Scientist as we build a team of talented and passionate scientists for ASR (automatic speech recognition) and NLU (natural language understanding). You will participate in the design, development, and evaluation of models and ML (machine learning) technology so that customers have the magical experience of Alexa. You will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to and want to use every day. You will be part of a team delivering features that are highly anticipated by the tech media and well received by our customers. Like the world of smart phones 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people consume technology.
· Lead and launch ML projects from concept to go-live.
· Build new Alexa capabilities into our models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time.
· Collaborate with colleagues in product and science.
· Present proposals and results backed by production data
· Master's degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics with specialization in natural language processing, or machine learning.
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in modeling and analysis, and in deploying machine learning / deep learning models in production.
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in programming languages such as Python
· Experience applying various machine learning techniques and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
· Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationship
· Knowledge of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
· PhD in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics with specialization in natural language processing, or machine learning
· Strong software development skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and problem solving skills
· Strong publication record
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.