Recorded Future's Insikt (research) groupseeks a manager to lead a distributed team of experienced security researchers in the Boston office. Are you a unicorn that is as comfortable with leading a team as doing new research? Have you published security papers or blogs in the past? Are you part of the security research community? This is an opportunity to define, grow, and manage a highly visible security research team that drives cutting edge new security research and product additions for Recorded Future. The ideal candidate demonstrates a thorough understanding of security incidents, the state of malware and hacking, and how to conduct security research. If you are a SME that has a keen interest in people and either is a team lead or manager or interested in moving in that direction - this job may be for you!
The Insikt Research Manager has the following core responsibilities:
- Manage a staff of 6-11 security researchers centered in the Boston office but with members around the world
- Manage escalations for critical research
- Liaise with internal teams
- Manage research projects according to best practices, maintaining the highest quality
- Work with clients on critical, sensitive incidents spanning multiple geographies
- Demonstrate enduring quality and highly efficient operations to internal and external clients
- Produce and lead executive-level briefings with Recorded Future's clients
- Research to add needed tools, data, and functionality for Recorded Future's product
- Occasionally produce own research on an area of expertise
Other responsibilities include:
- Supervise the activities of researchers with responsibility for repeatable quality, client satisfaction, and investigative integrity
- Manage workload among team members
- Guide Recorded Future product teams - representing research in product evaluations and continuous feedback
- Identify new data sources for Recorded Future product teams
- Mentor researchers
- Assume a leadership role in Recorded Future with cross-functional teams to drive research delivery and product improvements
- Participate in major cross-functional projects affecting Recorded Future's business, product, or service leadership
- Provide guidance to all levels of employees on setting and accomplishing goals
- Work is reviewed and measured based on attainment of objectives and overall success of departmental required skills
- Lead oversight of analytic research
- Manage staff and career development
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrated ability to manage critical, time-sensitive incidents requiring coordination across multiple teams and geographies
- Proven business and technical expertise and extensive experience with information security & research
- Ability to formulate and deliver complex presentations within Recorded Future both to customers and in support of industry conferences
Why should you join Recorded Future?
Theres a reason why over 90% of Fortune 100 Companies rely on us for their threat intelligence needs: our patented web intelligence engine has the ability to unlock insights that radically improve cyber threat visibility for our clients. Our dedication to empowering clients with intelligence to reduce risk has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner.
If youre full of passion, ambition, and dedication you may be well on your way to becoming a Futurist. From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes to put our team at the front line of securing the internet. If you want to be a part of this awesome team, apply today!
Want more info? Check out the links below for more from the Recorded Future team, special guests, and our partners.
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things youd rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: Whats happening at Recorded Future
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
More Jobs From