Research Engineer, Machine Learning
Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon’s Boston Development team is looking for a versatile and talented Research Engineer to work in a multidisciplinary team of Engineers and Research Engineers with the goal of building the next generation of artificial intelligence solutions for Video Surveillance and Business Intelligence. As a Research Engineer, your responsibility is to develop and train the underlying algorithms. You will interact with product management to understand requirements, then you will design and develop solutions, and finally collaborate with various product development teams to deliver high quality software solutions to our customers.
- Research and develop in cutting edge area of Deep Learning, Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms for security surveillance applications that run on embedded devices and servers
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends
- Work closely with software development and QA teams in transitioning prototypes to commercial products and services.
- Good knowledge of Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Feeling comfortable with mathematics: linear algebra, probability theory and statistics
- Ability to read and understand related scientific papers
- Knowledge of programming languages: C++ and Python.
- Knowledge of Deep Learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, and Caffe
- Passion of learning new technologies and can-do attitude
- Advanced degree in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Applied Mathematics, and Statistics or related fields
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K match program, ESPP, social responsibility program, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, etc.