Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, is defining the future of the security industry through innovative end-to-end-solutions. We’re changing the landscape of the surveillance industry through advanced award-winning AI based surveillance systems. Artificial Intelligence is transforming the world and our team is advancing the field as it applies to the surveillance industry. We are proud to be industry leaders in video analytics with products like Appearance Search and Unusual Motion Detection along with our recently launched Avigilon Blue cloud service platform. You will have the opportunity to contribute to intelligent camera surveillance systems through cutting edge research and software engineering.
Avigilon’s solutions have been installed in more than 120 countries at thousands of customer sites, including school campuses, transportation systems, healthcare centers, public venues, critical infrastructure, prisons, factories, casinos, airports, financial institutions, government facilities, and retailers.
Avigilon’s Boston Engineering team is seeking a Computer Vision Research Engineer to join our Computer Vision Solutions research group to advance our state-of-the-art intelligent video surveillance products.
- Research and develop cutting edge Computer Vision, Image Processing, and Machine Learning algorithms
- Implement state-of-the-art algorithms for security surveillance applications that run on embedded devices and servers
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends
- Work closely with software development and QA teams in transitioning prototypes to commercial products and services.
- Advanced degree (Master’s, preferably PhD) in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Applied Mathematics, and Statistics or related fields
- Strong development skills in C++ and Python
- Knowledgeable in Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Solid background in mathematics, including linear algebra, probability theory and statistics
- Ability to read, understand and implement related scientific papers
- Passion of learning new technologies and can-do attitude
Perks of Working at Avigilon:
As a full-time employee of Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes a competitive salary with full benefits including extended health, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, ESPP, eligible to participate in TechTalks, Hackathons, etc.