As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on Full-stack Node.js Web development, you will be building out Markforgeds 3D printer/content management system and web-based slicer (Eiger - visit https://www.eiger.io). This is a true full-stack position, ranging from designing REST APIs, utilizing AWS services, optimizing Postgres queries, and implementing new 3D views in WebGL.
This is for a remote opportunity!
What will you own?
- Design, build, and maintain a world-class multi-tenant website for storing, editing, and printing 3D designs
- Enable enterprise-class system integrations by creating powerful APIs and beautiful user interfaces
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Plan for the growth of Markforged's infrastructure
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- 5+ years experience building and shipping high quality code with strong CS fundamentals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Proficiency in writing Node applications and scaling them to support thousands of users
- Experience with contemporary web development frameworks (Angular, React/ Redux, etc)
- Experience with cloud systems such as AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of performance optimization, parallelization, and distributed systems
- Experience building APIs, Services and Scaling Systems
- Significant Experience with Schema Design and Query Optimization with SQL
- Have excellent verbal & written English communication
- Know your way around a UNIX shell
- Experience with single-sign on technologies such as AWS Cognito, Auth0, or Okta
- Can design and implement tooling and automation for clustering, scaling, monitoring and alerting
- Experience with web-based visualization frameworks (Canvas, D3, Three.js, WebGL and more)
- Experience with CAD/CAM software and 3D modeling libraries
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change