At HealthEdge, we are passionate about providing healthcare payors with technology that enables them to innovate, reduce costs, and address the business imperatives of the evolving healthcare economy. As we continue to grow, we are focused on exceeding our client’s expectations for quality when it comes to software deployments and releases.
The Release Manager will work with client/customer teams and document environment changes for software releases/deployments. The ideal candidate will have software implementation experience including configuring environments for application migration. This will include a solid understanding of Release and Change Management processes. Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus, but not required. This role may require 50% travel to the client site and will otherwise be remote.
What you will do:
- Manage and standardize programs to meet the client’s release/deployment and quality criteria.
- Work with cross-functional and cross-product teams, both internal and external, to come up with and manage deployment schedules, upgrades and milestones.
- Act as a gatekeeper, ensuring that all cross-functional teams sign off on the release before each promotion to production.
- Identify & manage risks and clearly communicate them to program/project stakeholders while proposing solutions.
- Effectively communicate required delivery dates, deployment pipelines, releases, and proposed enhanced processes to the delivery teams.
- Be involved in code deployments, data base synchronization, and DevOps best practices.
- Streamline deployment practices for effective delivery to the client.
- Work towards Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with DevOps teams.
- Migrate applications from legacy systems to newer environments.
What you will bring:
- Prior software implementation experience including configuring environments for application migration.
- Solid functional and technical experience with Release and Change Management processes, including configuring environments for application migration.
- An in depth understanding of ITIL/ITSM practices and solutions development from the drawing board to production delivery, including experience with troubleshooting scenarios in production environments.
- Experience working with client/customer teams and documenting environment changes for Releases/Deployments.
- The ability to effectively communicate and coordinate between multiple teams including Infrastructure, Support, On-Call, Development, QA, SMEs, architects, and business stakeholders as well as with client teams.
- A focus on a zero/minimum-error software delivery scenarios.
- Hands-on experience with hot-fixes for software applications and the ability to seek alternatives in case of deploy/code failures.
- Knowledge of both legacy releases and release management processes using current trends and tools in the industry including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Prior experience with disaster recovery exercises between data centers involving applications as well as database servers.
- A working knowledge of Jenkins, configuration management database (CMDB), code packaging, Jira, Salesforce, ELK, Git Hub, AWS and basic Unix commands.