Office Tour Photos
The Information Technology organization is transforming to realize our mission: Become a leader in HMH’s digital transformation, and as a strategic partner, innovate and deliver highest value, competitive advantage solutions across all corporate and business functions. Our ambition is to be a digital leader through innovation and develop and deliver leading edge technology such as robotic process automation and artificial intelligence to solve some of HMH’s greatest operational business challenges. Our professionals will have business relevant skills to connect our HMH partners to technologies that propel the businesses to deliver the greatest value for HMH and our customers. We are building a team of IT professionals with an insatiable appetite to learn, a relentless focus on customer service, a technological curiosity toward future possibilities, and a creativity in solving business challenges with leading technologies. Our team will find ways to work together, create a sense of community where it’s safe to take risks and learn together, develop our careers, and all have an opportunity to work on new technologies. We will work together, learn together and have fun together. As a team, we will lead HMH’s digital transformation.
The Opportunity – Release Manager
This position reports directly to the Director IT Excellence and is within the IT Operations & Enablement organization. The successful candidate will be an energetic and clear communicator who has operational experience in project execution. Responsibilities will include defining and implementing standardizes processes, tools and playbooks for project execution. In addition, this person will create and drive the overall enterprise wide release strategy across applications. This position is located in Boston, MA.
Duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establish and socialize industry best practices in project execution methodology
- Create tools, templates and processes that enable standardization of execution methodology
- Create a sustainable and scalable method to maintain all tools and process
- Create and maintain an IT execution playbook taking into account variables of execution
- Communicate across IT partners to receive feedback on tools and methodologies to drive continuous improvement
- Collaborate with functional owners in IT to understand the functional roadmaps for each application
- Drive the creation of a release methodology and implement a scalable release
- Create a regular forum in which all IT leaders have visibility to the release calendar and status of releases.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- This person is a self-motivated individual with excellent team management and organizational skills who possesses:
- Integrity - By reputation and by consistent performance, they must be viewed by the leadership team as utterly trustworthy, and by other levels of the organization as a fair and trusted member of the IT team.
- Degree in Science or Technology or related discipline;
- Proven experience in management and/or delivery of IT projects across infrastructure, operations and business systems.
- 5 + years experience delivering projects with experience managing budgets.
- Excellent analytical skills and advanced user of Excel or similar tools, with the ability to drive structured problem solving and solutions across broad stakeholder groups.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively to deal well with shifting priorities and assignments.
- Presents an appropriately professional image; communicates clearly, concisely, and diplomatically.
- Develops and fosters strong business relationships with colleagues on a global basis.
- Demonstrates leadership, initiative, efficiency, productivity, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Respects confidential / sensitive information.
- Motivated to continuously learn new things, maintaining a positive attitude.
- Flexible working style that is adaptable to disparate audiences and working styles.
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is committed to a comprehensive policy of Equal Opportunities and we aim to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From