Chewy is looking for an experienced Release Engineer in our Boston, MA office who is comfortable and has experience in both On-Prem and Cloud environments. The Release Engineering team at Chewy owns the tools and the processes which enable our 30+ application teams to develop, test and deploy code in a quick, face-paced software development cycle.
The ideal candidate has experience in a fast-paced environment dealing with multiple requests at the same time. Someone who can multi-task and partner with DEV & QE to establish and act upon priority has the opportunity to succeed in this role. This candidate will be an out-of-the-box thinker who thrives in a team-oriented work environment.
What you'll do:
- Establish a cloud deployment (CI/CD) pipeline that allows teams to work seamlessly and independently.
- Consult with teams to determine a best-in-class process for them (not going to have a one-size-fits-all solution).
- Analyze and implement tools for first-class CI/CD pipeline.
- Working with the Site Reliability Engineering group to ensure security protocols are in place and that Chewy is following SOX Compliancy.
- Educate and champion Release Engineering Best Practices.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years experience in a fast-paced Release Engineering group/function.
- Expertise with tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Circle CI, etc.
- Cloud experience preferably AWS.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog in a Prod and Pre-Prod setting.
- Great communication skills to all levels of audience.
- Experience with the Altassian Suite of tools, especially Confluence/Jira (in the Cloud).
- Containerization knowledge using tools such as Kubernetes, Docker.
- Superior communication and people skills.
- Work in a high-volume Ecommerce environment
- Strong understanding of API functionality
- Insatiable thirst to learn the latest and greatest technologies and have the ability to solve problems with them.
- eCommerce experience.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Jira & Confluence)