6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
As a Regulatory & Safety Engineer at 6RS, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance of our products with applicable standards and certification requirements.
In this position, you will:
- Work together with Product, Software and Manufacturing teams to ensure that product requirements and designs meet relevant regulatory and safety standards.
- Manage the testing, documentation and evaluation of our products against applicable standards.
- Partner with our engineering team to maintain and update risk assessments, FMEAs, and similar documentation as our product evolves through its lifecycle.
- Partner with our engineering team to provide support for safety and EMC testing
- Monitor the evolution of worldwide safety and EMC standards to assure our testing and compliance records are up to date.
- Work with our test labs and manufacturing partners to schedule audits
- Work with our test labs to provide quotes and schedules for testing and evaluation
- Manage the review of test reports from our test labs
- Work with documentation control to archive and maintain the latest revisions of test reports, certificates, and Declarations of Conformity.
Were looking for a candidate with:
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred), or equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years experience bringing products through documentation, testing & certification for FCC, CE, CSA, US and similar standards.
- Experience with conducting & documenting failure mode analysis (FMEA) and safety risk assessments.
- Working knowledge of machinery safety standards, including ISO 13849-1 -2.
- Knowledge of robot safety standards, including ISO 10218-1 -2, UL1740 & CSA Z434 is a plus.
- Experience working with standards bodies and participating in committee meetings is a plus.
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.