Regional Sales Director, Commercial Sales
By 2020, 83% of enterprise workloads will be in the cloud. This transformation introduces an ever-increasing set of complex tradeoffs for IT staff, such as whether to place workloads on-premises or public cloud, when and how to scale up or scale out workloads, and what resources to allocate without overprovisioning. To de-risk this transformation, IT organizations are turning to self-managing and real-time workloads. With 10+ patents on our technology, Turbonomic is the only platform that enables enterprises to prepare their businesses for the cloud and answers the most complex IT challenges they face.
Were the leader in workload automation for hybrid cloud and transforming the way IT operates. We want the brightest and most driven individuals who are looking to steer the future of technology.
You will lead this highly visible, motivated and customer focused team to generate revenue by winning new sales and guiding your team to achieve individual, team and organizational quotas. As an experienced strategic and consultative sales leader, you will execute a multi-faceted sales strategy to gain market share and build the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty. You will inherit and continue to build a high-performance team and will work closely with your Regional Vice President to close key milestone accounts and institute world class sales process.
What You'll Do
- Lead and drive overall sales strategy to develop and close net new and upgrade/cross selling business within a key North American commercial market
- Build and architect a winning sales team through hiring and inspiring team members while also training new and existing team members on sales process; Develop and maintain strong relationships with channel partner principles
- Lead and inspire the sales organization to achieve quarterly and annual revenue growth targets by establishing sales goals and monitoring their achievement; Be accountable for the attainment of assigned new customer acquisition and financial performance targets
- Drive success leveraging the MEDDIC sales methodology
- Monitor and track sales team and individual performances, strengths and weakness, and clearly communicate evaluations and execute developmental steps where necessary
- Plan and lead regularly scheduled forecast meetings with your team and with the Commercial Sales leadership team; Report on sales activity and forecast to the Turbonomic leadership team
- Coach direct reports regarding key account strategies to drive closure and improve win rates
- Align and leverage internal resources to build, develop, and close strategic accounts and wins; Provide leadership to the extended Turbonomic team aligned to your region (Pre-Sales Systems Engineers, Channel Managers, Sales Development Reps, Marketing, Recruiting)
- Maintain a personal presence and be visible with the sales team through customer engagements
- Provide executive sponsorship and directly participate in closing deals with target accounts and driving business initiatives for future success
- Track and analyze sales activities to understand how to capitalize on market trends
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the Turbonomic solution while staying current in understanding the competitive landscape
What You'll Bring
- Innovative and results oriented sales leader with 5-8 years of B2B consultative software sales experience as an individual contributor and/or Sales Manager or Director
- Track record of success in hiring and building elite field sales teams leveraging both a direct and channel sales model
- Customer-focused with an excellent knowledge of tried sales processes and solution-selling strategies through complex, matrixed organizations; Analytical and metrics driven through all stages of the sales cycle
- Empathetic leader of people that develops trust with their team and supporting functions
- Demonstrated success in building strategic customer relationships at the C level
- Strong planning, financial, and analytical skills; proven ability to apply these skills with business acumen to complex situations with contending priorities
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions
- Ability to provide accurate forecasting and pipeline guidance
- Experience selling complex data center products, ideally cloud computing or infrastructure software (ie. migration, management, monitoring tools, platforms, systems, etc.)
- Have a deep understanding of the Enterprise IT/Infrastructure industry; Where the market is heading, whats hot / whats not, why we matter
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority here also, eat your fruit!
Career advancement jump in, make an impact and shape your career
Unlimited Paid Time Off visit mom, see a doctor or travel the world must take pictures
Pre-tax benefits:Medical, Dependent Care, Commuter, 401k
Access to executives no doors are closed, collaborate with them and make friends
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee physiological needs, check.
Game rooms play a round of billiards, ping pong or game on Xbox
Turbonomic delivers enterprise organizations with automation software that enables on-premises and public cloud to self-manage in real-time, thereby assuring performance while lowering cost and maintaining compliance with business policies. The Turbonomic platform matches workload demand to infrastructure supply, helping customers maintain a continuous state of application health. Serving customers since 2010, Boston-based Turbonomic is one of the fastest growing technology companies, trusted by thousands of enterprise organizations to activate their hybrid cloud journey. Turbonomic was recently named a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, a CRN Tech Innovator of the Year in 2017 and #1 Cloud Management Platform by IT Central Station. Come make an impact with us.