Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
Hometap is looking for a Director for our Channel Sales Program. Our Channel Sales Program is a network of financial advisors, contractors, mortgage brokers, small business advisors, divorce attorneys, and other professionals that refer their customers to Hometap when theyre in need of financing.
The program was started in 2020 and has quickly grown into a meaningful channel. We believe that the channel has the potential to one day become Hometaps largest, and as such, were now looking for a dedicated leader for the program that can guide it into its next phase of development.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the near and long-term vision for the Channel Sales Program, and own and drive day-to-day management of the program
- Map out and prioritize key types of partners and specific partners that we should bring on to the program and develop the marketing and sell-in strategy
- Optimize onboarding such that partners have the information and tools that they need to effectively sell the Hometap product and ensure that the onboarding process is scalable
- Understand any technical requirements that partners have and work with the Product team to scope the development work required and get this added to the Product roadmap. Ideally youll be able to identify solutions that will work for multiple partners
- Develop and test different commission structures and promotions
- Own communication with partners, including an ongoing cadence of communication to stay top-of-mind with partners, and regular conversations with partners to understand whats working and whats not and use this feedback to optimize the program
- Own measurement, reporting, and forecasting for the program
- Staff the program as appropriate, and coach and develop your team
- Relay feedback from partners to our Financial Products team on ways to make our products better meet the needs of homeowners
- Work closely with key cross-functional partners in Product, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Finance
What You Bring to the Table:
- A strong ownership mindset and focus on delivering on specific targets for your program
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to balance both short-term and long-term objectives
- Superb sales ability, as initially youll be driving all sales activity for the program, and longer-term, will likely be leading the sell-in process for larger partners
- Comfort in pulling-in cross-functional partners and senior leaders as needed to help with the sell-in process for larger partners
- Empathy for homeowners (our customers) and referral partners
- Solid analytical skills and bias towards using data to make decisions
- A positive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves to build the program and help Hometap grow
- Youre a cross-functional team player that is able to advocate for the needs of their program, but is also willing to stand-down or find an alternative solution when other needs within the business take precedence
Experience Were Looking For:
- 10+ years of total work experience with 2+ years of experience building and scaling an referral sales/channel partnerships program
- Ideally have experience working in the consumer finance industry and experience operating in a technology-driven business
- Track record of consistently exceeding established revenue goals
- Experience managing change and ambiguity, taking ownership and creating structure
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment experiencing growth and expansion
- Bachelors degree preferred
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.