Why you should join the Embark pack:
Embark is growing fast as we pursue our mission to improve the life and longevity of all dogs through science and technology. We will become a global standard of pet care by 2026 through our DNA test.
Our highly rated Dog DNA test allows you to discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have.
Interested in joining? We look for highly motivated and driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
The team youll join:
We are growing! This is where you come in. Join our People Operations team to identify and hire amazing people to join our growing pack. If you have a track record and are committed to wowing hiring managers with your ability to engage top talent, we would like to hear from you!
What Youll Do:
- Be responsible for the full life cycle recruitment process for a few teams (marketing, product management, others) which focuses on attracting top talent, while providing an exceptional candidate experience
- Build pipelines and create innovative sourcing strategies for positions at all levels
- Partner with hiring managers to support the growth needs of their team by providing clear communication and establishing alignment on best practices including our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Consistently build network through recruiting tools, social media, and events(currently virtual)
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Collaborate with the team to create best practices, share knowledge and drive our employer brand
Who you are:
- 3-4 years of experience as a recruiter working on a variety of roles across multiple departments
- Demonstrated success partnering with hiring managers to fill open positions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An innovative approach and an ability to be organized and work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems, and Recruiting Platforms
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Passionate about finding talent
- Start-up experience is a plus
What we can offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, commuter benefits, all-inclusive healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave (for fur babies too)
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.