React/Front End Developer
Location: Bedford, MA
The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
We are looking for a great front end developer who possesses a strong understanding of how best to leverage React to build complex, data driven user interfaces. Ideal candidates will take pride in making easy things effortless and difficult things intuitive to users.
- Work in our Multi-Cloud Management team, designing and developing compelling, simple user-centric interfaces to complex systems/data.
- Be able to build an intuitive and delightful interface to support a set of complex user behaviours.
- Be part of a team that owns all phases of the product development life cycle, from conception to delivery to customers, including support/operation if required.
- Build quality and security directly into the product, by taking advantage of automated testing and CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with engineering teams across the world, mentor, share information with and learn from other engineers and help drive continuous improvement of our platform, without losing focus on the flow that generates customers value.
- Bring an inquisitive, innovative & collegiate attitude to problem solving.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Built production applications using React against complex APIs.
- Worked iteratively from requirements to wireframes to running code.
- Experience in a TDD environment, and the experience to know when testing is sufficient.
- Understanding of the Postgres ecosystem, used/developed against Postgres.
- Full stack experience into the backend/API layer.
- Understanding of running React/SSR on Kubernetes.
- Data visualization experience.
- Opinions on the state of React & whats next.
- Have worked in a you build it you run it environment, familiarity with DevOps/SRE.
- Involvement in OSS communities (not just Postgres, though thats a double plus!).
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.