R&D Engineering Technician
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team.Join Formlabsif you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As we continue to develop new technology that pushes the envelope of what is possible with 3D printers, were looking for ahands-onengineering technician to help us build the impossible. Youll work with our engineering team to invent, develop, and advance our core hardware line of products. Work will span across all engineering disciplines with project encompassing a wide variety of projects.
Are you excited to meticulously build prototypes, jigs, and fixtures and support a wide range engineering projects? Are you a maker and love DIY projects? We want you to join our team as anR&D Engineering Technician.
- Work oncollaborative teamof technicians to undertake tasks across product teams to help rapidly iterate and advance projects
- Help debug mechanical issues on prototype hardware or instrumentation, fix them, or propose a solution.
- Undertake work in machine shop environment to fabricate parts and assemblies
- Design and run experiments on prototype next-generation printers.
- Meticulously log data and outcomes and communicate themeffectivelywithin the team.
- Collaborate withother engineering teams to coordinate assembly and installation of new prototype hardware.
- Have a wide background ofhands onskills ranging form machining experience, soldering, and prototype fabrication.
- Experience in developing prototypes and making things from 'napkin sketches.'
- Have experience with experimental design (DOE), data analysis, and plotting.
- Familiar with mechanical design, mechatronics, and CAD modeling (Solidworks a plus)
- Pictures of your work or links to portfolio get higher priority so please include!
- Experience using CNC mills, lathes, laser cutters, welding, Soldering SMT Components and optical alignment.
- Previous experience developing consumer hardware.
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer andvalue diversityatour company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.