Here at SimpliSafe our mission is simple, Every Home Secure. Motion sensors are a central part of our security products and executing against that mission. For that reason we are looking to hire a talented Motion Sensors R&D Engineer to join our growing team.
In this role youll be focused on motion detection for our security cameras as well as stand alone motion sensor products and helping us take our home security focused motion sensing technology to the next level through deep subject matter expertise. Youll also be joining a team of highly motivated, intelligent and collaborative engineers focused on building a best-in-class home security solution.
Our ideal candidate will have designed passive infrared (PIR) motion sensing products, or products that include PIR motion sensing in high volume, and should also be familiar with product integration, and manufacturing technologies related to these products. Experience with other forms of motion sensing concepts and implementing highly effective sensor fusion solutions would be a bonus.
Specifically, You Will:
- Research and development of motion sensing technologies for our security product line
- Work closely with cross discipline product engineers to integrate motion sensing into our next generation products
- Develop test procedures and fixtures for validating motion sensing capabilities
- Evaluate motion sensing architectures to meet performance and cost requirements
You Should Have:
- Demonstrated experience in deploying motion sensing solutions to market at high volumes
- Experience with passive infrared motion sensing technology
- Experience with other forms of motion sensing technologies such as doppler or acoustic
- BS in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Optical engineering, Physics or equivalent. MS degree preferred
- Experience in architecture, design, characterization, and validation of sensing systems that includes theory of operation, signal processing, fabrication, packaging and design trade-offs.
- Experience with DSP algorithm development from math through to implementation in C
- Experience with detailed electrical design, schematic capture, PCB layout and firmware development for prototyping purposes
- Experience with PIR Fresnel lens design
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in physics, mechanical, electrical, and material science engineering, and manufacturing technology relevant for sensor fabrication.
- Proficient in modeling, data collection, data analysis, and statistical analysis tools (e.g. Python, JMP)
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
More Jobs From